vendredi 14 décembre 2007

My shoe project

This is my first pair of secondhand shoes I've bought. I've got them for 4 years now, I think. When I bought them they weren't in a supergreat condition, but now they just were awfull... As you can see the leather is coming of and it looks like my shoes are black with grey, instead of black. 
Since I love all my shoes so much I just couldn't throw them away and I started a little DIY-project. I made all the grey spots black with a permanent marker and of course it's water-resistant. Now I hope it will stay on, but the result looks great if you ask me.

The first picture is just to show you guys how they look. I really like the bow on top.
The next two pictures are the shoes in the terrible state they were in.

This last picture is the 'new' shoe. When you look close you can tell the difference between the leather and the spots I coloured black, but when I'm wearing them they look like new. So as you can guess: I'm really happy I tried this marker-experiment.

2 commentaires:

  1. i can see where Marc got his inspiration

    closetlies.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I like that they're still a bit beat up though. I love items that are worn in; shows a person actually loves the object.

    RépondreSupprimer

Thanks for your sweet comments ♥