mardi 5 février 2008

My favourite city ever!

For as long as I can remember I love the city of Paris. When I'm there I feel great, I love everything about Paris.
When I graduate from university and when I have the money I move there. I love speaking French, I love the people there, the architecture and the cultural aspect, actually I love everything about the city and of course the shops aswell.
Last September my boyfriend and me went there for 4 days and it was amazing. We stayed in a nice hotel near the 'Sacre-Coeur'. We enjoyed all the great things Paris has to offer and of course we did a little shopping.
The reason I post this is to tell you guys about all the great secondhand shops and flea markets that you can find in Paris.

Come On Eileen, Rue des Taillandiers 16-18, 11th
Eveything you find here is designer stuff: Hermes, Dior, YSL, ... So it's not that cheap like other shops, but it's really affordable for the great designer clothes, shoes and accessories you can find there.

Wochdom, Rue Condorcet 72, 9th
This was one of my favourite shops. You can find clothes, accessories, lots of shoes and even old magazines and vinyl. Absolutely great shop and you can find lots of designer clothes there aswell.

Free P-star, Rue St. Croix de Bretonerie 8, 4th
This shop holds lots of great 80's prom dresses, shoes and accessories. 

Rag, Rue St. Martin 83-85, 4th
This shop has 2 buildings next to each other with lots of great boots and pumps.

Le Belle Epoque, Rue de Poitou 10, 3th
A shop for girls only, I didn't see any manswear there. Amazing store with a funny and really friendly shopowner, he made me feel right at home there.
You can find designer clothes and shoes there for great prices (Dior skirt for 100 euros).

Kiliwatch, Rue Tiquetonne 84, 2nd
A really big store where you can find vintage and new clothes. I found lots of great shoes there, great selection of vintage boots they have.

Le Vestibule, Place Ste Opportune 3, 1st
I wrote this shop down, but because we didn't have much time left we didn't visit this shop.

I only had the chance to visit one flea market (place d'aligre), because I was there from Tuesday till Friday. Lots of flea markets are only during the weekends, but I'll give the adresses I found on the internet.

Place d'Aligre, 12th
Tuesday-Saturday 8AM - 1PM
This flea market isn't that big, but I found lots of great shoes there. The shoes were the only good things I found there, but maybe when you're lucky you can find great stuff there. The shoes I found were 8 euros a pair and you can choose out of all the colors of the rainbow.

These flea markets are the ones I didn't visit.
Porte de Montreuil, 20th
Sa-Mon 7.30AM-6PM
Les puces de Saint-Ouen (Les Puces), 18th 
Sa 8.30AM-6.30PM
Sun 10AM-6.30PM
Mon 10.30AM-5.30PM
This is the most famous market in Paris.
Porte de Vanves, 14th
weekends untill 1PM

I'm sorry I can't write this much about the shops and markets, but it has already been a half year since I've been there and I really didn't plan on making this post.
I thought this post would be usefull when someone goes on holidays to Paris.
If someone knows any other great secondhandshops in Paris or if some of this information isn't correct, please tell me and I'll edit the post.
Well, I hope this information is usefull to someone and the only thing that's left for me to say is: Enjoy the shoppingtrip in Paris!

Thanks to Olimpia for nominating me for the 'You Make My Day Award', again really appreciated.

6 commentaires:

  1. It's one of my dreams going to visit Paris!!!
    And the more I know, the more I want to go there.
    Thanks for such good information.

    I'm glad you liked my new shoes ;)

    xoxo

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love to have recommendations from people when I go to visit countries, I'm not planning on going any time soon, but now I'll be prepared.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I spent 85% of my time in Paris in the cafes and patisseries. I am not ashamed of that lol.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thanks!! I'm living in Paris and I know of few of this second hand shops and I love them!!

    I wish you to come back soon to paris!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. OMG thanks sooo much for this post! I'm planning on going to Paris late February with my best friend, and we love discovering new shops!

    RépondreSupprimer

Thanks for your sweet comments ♥